Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary
2 N / 3 Days
About Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary
Newly in spotlight, commonly called as UKWLS is a wildlife sanctuary of area 189 sq.km. Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, about 58 km from Nagpur, is spread over Pauni, Umred, Kuhi, and Bhivapur Taluka. This Sanctuary has also a connection with Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve through the forest along the Wainganga River. It is located 40 km north of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve and 50 km southwest of Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary & 60 km from Nagpur, the Hub of Wildlife in Maharashtra. Pench Tiger Reserve is 80 km to the northwest. The wildlife Sanctuary was established in 2013. The sanctuary is closed every Monday whereas the park remains closed during monsoons. The peak season starts from October 15th to 30th June every year.
Closest Airport: Nagpur (58 km)
Closest Railway Station : Nagpur (58 km)
Co-ordinates: 20°50′08″N 79°30′40″E
Flora & Fauna
- Bengal Tiger
- Indian Leopard
- Indian Bison
- Blue Bull
- Barking Deer
- Mouse Deer
- Wild Boar
- Sloth Bear
- Wild Dog
Day 1 –
Pick up from Nagpur at 10:00 am and transfer to Umred national park in private car. Reach Resort by 1:00 pm. Check-in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights off and day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Leave For Nagpur airport/ junction by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
This sanctuary is a known abode of tigers and shot to fame due to its iconic resident Jai, a handsome tiger inhabitant.
It is bounded roughly by the Wainganga river and the Gose Khurd Dam on the northeast, State Highway 9 and Bhiwapur Town on the south, Umred on the west and a narrow 10 km long range of 600 – 800 m hills to the northwest.
This is the only place in India where one can have 05 tigers in one frame.
In this park, the T06 Fairy and her cubs are doing magic. Her sightings with cubs in open grasslands have left other parks far behind from a sighting point of view.
The sanctuary provides connectivity between key tiger reserves like Tadoba, Pench, Bor and Nagzira. It thus also serves to reduce pressure of tourists and tourist-related activities from those protected areas because they are more eco-sensitive.
Until recently there was no resort available for stay in Umred. A new property has been started which is about 7 kms from Karhandla gate. The resort provides good accommodation facilities with A/C rooms, veg-non veg food and comfortable stay. BhaiG’s Iora green Resort in Thana village provides accommodation for tourists.
The Umred landscape is divided into different ranges. There are 3 major tourism gates.
- Karhandla gate – about 8 km from the Umred town
- Gothangaon gate – about 33 km from the Umred town
- Pauni gate – about 35 km from Umred town
- Pullar gate – about 35 km from Umred town
Gypsy and Jeep Safaris are always available in Umred that help in exploring the wildlife of the forest. One can also enter the sanctuary with his/her private vehicle.
Safari Timings usually depend on sunrise and sunset.
- Morning Jeep: 6.00 A.M to 11.00 A.M. (entry allowed until 8.00 a.m.)
- Afternoon Jeep: 2.00 P.M. until 6.00 P.M (entry allowed until 4.30 p.m.)
Each gate offers a safari permit to the exclusive area of that range and no vehicle is allowed to interchange the zones while on safari. The entry and exit gate for the vehicle has to be same and breech of this rule is a serious crime.
The gypsy charges or vehicle charges are separate and one has to pay differently.
The climate is dry and hot with temperatures soaring as high as 45 degrees in summer and low as 10 degrees in winter.
- Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Umred National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All entry and Safari Permits
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to email@example.com along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.