Satpura National Park
2 N / 3 Days
About Satpura National Park
Satpura National Park located in the Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh was established in 1981. The area of this Tiger Reserve is about 1427 sq. km including core and buffer areas and Bori and Panchmari Wildlife Sanctuary.
Satpura National Park derives its name from the Satpura mountain range (Satpura means Seven Mountains) that falls in the sanctuary. Satpura boasts one of the most beautiful landscapes in India…full of gorges, ravines and dense forests. The reserve has varied biodiversity and is home to various flora and fauna. The Tigers, Leopards, and Sloth bears rule the forest along with other species that include Wild boar, Fox, Porcupines, Chinkara, Spotted deer, Sambar deer, Indian giant Squirrel, and so on. About 254 species of birds are also found here including a few globally rare ones.
In recent years the Leopard population of Satpura has gone very high and the beasts have gone truly bold to roam around the park in broad daylight. No wonder today Satpura is synonymous with Kabini forest for the easy and almost guaranteed leopard sightings that one gets.
No matter which and how many forests in India you have explored so far, the Sal forest of Satpura will leave you mesmerized for sure! So come join us in exploring the true gem of Indian Forests !!
Closest Airport : Bhopal Airport (92 kms)
Closest Railway Station : Pipariya (164 km)
Flora & Fauna
- Bengal Tiger
- Chital (Spotted Deer)
- Hanuman Langur
- Indian Bison (Gaur)
- Wild Boar
- Dhole (Wild Dog)
- Malabar Squirrels
- Indian Giant Squirrel
- White Bison
- Sophora Interrupta
- Melastoma Malabathricum
Day 1 –
Pick up from Piparia and transfer to Satpura National Park in private car. Reach Resort and Check-in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Piparia by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
The park is came into light by British Officer Captain J. Forsyth when he was in action against Indian freedom fighter during 1857, while searching for famous freedom fighter Tatya Tope.
The name Satpura is derived from the Satpura Range. Satpura is a Sanskrit word, that means seven mountains.
Satpura National Park, along with adjoining Pachmarhi & Bori Sanctuaries, Satpura Tiger Reserve is spread over an area of 1427 Km2.
The terrain of the national park is extremely rugged and consists of fascinating deep valleys, sandstone peaks, narrow gorges, rivulets, waterfalls, thickly dense green forest of Sal and other medicinal herbs.
- Pickup and Drop in A/C Vehicle Ex-Piparia
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Satpura National Park
- Wildlife Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges, etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to email@example.com along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.