Ranthambore National Park
2 N / 3 Days
About Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
One of the most famous and renowned parks of India, Ranthambore National Park is located near Jaipur the capital city in the district of Sawai Madhopur. It first came into the existence as Sawai Madhopur Game Sanctuary in the year 1955. It was included as Project Tiger reserve in the year1973. It was in the year 1980 that the park gained the status of a National Park.
Formerly the park was considered as a hunting ground for Maharaja of Jaipur. Old fort, Ganesh Temple and many ancient structures are found inside the park. The tales of kings of Chauhan dynasty are very famous. The fort is declared as UNESCO World Heritage site and is open for tourism.
Ranthambore National park encompasses Aravali Hills in the Vindhyas. Ranthambore Tiger Reserve encompases 1334 sq.km. The Mansingh Sanctuary and the Kaila Devi Sanctuary is also included in this reserve. It is bounded by two rivers with Manas in the northern fringes and Chambal in the Southern fringes. Closest Airport : Jaipur (160kms) Closest Railway Station: Sawai Madhopur( 11kms) Kota (114 kms) Co-ordinates : 26°01′02″N 76°30′09″
Closest Airport : Jaipur (160kms)
Closest Railway Station: Sawai Madhopur( 11kms) Kota (114 kms)
Co-ordinates : 26°01′02″N 76°30′09″
Flora & Fauna
- Royal Bengal Tigers
- Sloth Bear
- Striped Hyena
- Desert Fox
- Palm Civet
- Painted Sandgrouse
- Painted Spurfowl
- Large Cormorant
- Bronzed Winged Jacana
Ranthambore National Park Standard Itinerary:
Day 1 –
Pick up from Sawai Madhopur at 10:00 am and transfer to Ranthambore National Park in private car. Reach Resort and Check in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Sawai Madhopur by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
The first aerial relocation, of the male tiger (Dara) from Ranthambhore to Sariska, was done on 28 June 2008 by Wing Commander Vimal Raj, using a Mi-17 helicopter.
Many travellers arrive at the park due to the documentaries broadcasted on famous Tigress Machli ("The Lady of the Lakes" ), who died in 2016.
n 2014, there were a total of 59 tigers, and the number becomes 86 in 2022.
During the 1820s, the Rajputs and the British together used the Ranthambore forests as their private hunting reserves. It is estimated that from 1929 to 1939, a total of 1,074 tigers were hunted in the forests of Rajasthan.
The second-largest banyan tree in India is located in Ranthambore National Park, near Padam Talab, one of the park’s largest lakes.
Jeep Safari and Canter Safaris are available during the times when the park is open. Depending on the season there are slight differences in the timings.
1 Oct to 31st October:
6:30 am to 10 am & 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
1st Nov – 31st January:
7:00 am to 10:30 am & 2 pm to 5:30 pm
1st Feb- 31st March:
6:30 am to 10 am & 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
1st April- 15th May:
6 am to 9:30 am & 3 pm to 6:30 pm
15th May – 30th June:
6 am to 9:30 am & 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Different kinds of accommodation are available in different areas of Ranthambore and its zones. Tents, cottages, rooms are made available by various resorts for a comfortable stay. Forest rest houses are also available.
Some of the resorts for budget accommodation are Sher vilas, Vatika Resort, Tiger heaven resort and spa, etc
Some luxury resorts available are Dev Vilas, Sher bagh, Oberoi Vanya vilas , Ranthambore Bagh etc
Summers are hot with temperature ranging from 30-45 degrees from March to June
Winters are cold and pleasant with temperatures ranging from 4-25 degrees.
Monsoon is witnessed from June to September and rains about 1000mm
- Pickup and Drop from Sawai Madhopur to Sawai Madopur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Ranthambore National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
- Meals during the train/flight/ road journey
- Lens/Camera charges if any
- Evening Snacks at the Resort
- Anything other than mentioned above
- Any personal orders, laundry, etc
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) 5%
- Extra Meals / Water Bottles
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.