Pench National Park
2 N / 3 Days
About Pench National Park
Pench Forests were once contiguous with Kanha National Park a tiger landscape known as Kipling Country. Kipling based his Jungle Book on the forests of Seoni Hills that made the region famous all over the World. Mowgli is no more but on a tiger safari, you can see many of the wild animals mentioned in the book.
The regions with dense forests find mentioned in many ancient works of literature. However, tourism increased after the 1990s, and tiger safari are the most common attraction at the Pench National Park. The park is situated in Central India or MP and comprises 758 sq. km with the inviolate core being 299 sq. km. The
Part of the forests come under the jurisdiction of Maharashtra State which lies on the border of MP. A separate tourism infrastructure exists in the Pench National Park of Maharashtra and entry is separate.
A permit is required for park excursions hence you should book in advance. The area of the present tiger reserve has a glorious history. A description of its natural wealth and richness occurs in Ain-i-Akbari. Pench Tiger Reserve and its neighborhood is the original setting of Rudyard Kipling’s most famous work, The Jungle Book.
Pench was declared a sanctuary in 1977 later given the status of a National Park in 1983. In the year 1992, it was declared a Tiger Reserve. In 2011, the park was awarded the ‘BEST MANAGEMENT AWARD’. The park is closed half day every Wednesday and during monsoons. The peak season to visit Pench National park is from 1st October to 15th June.
Nearest Railway station: Nagpur (90kms)
Co-ordinates: 21°40′17.76″N 79°18′11.88″E
Flora & Fauna
- Royal Bengal Tigers
- Four-Horned Antelope
- Sloth Bear
- Sāmbhar Deer
- Racket Tailed Drongo
Pench National Park Standard Itinerary:
Day 1 –
Pick up from Nagpur at 10:00 am and transfer to Pench national park in a private car. Reach the Resort by 1:00 pm. Check-in and rest. Post lunch, leave for Tiger Safari. Come back in the evening to the resort. Enjoy a delicious dinner and then go for a sound sleep.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning post breakfast, checkout. Leave For Nagpur airport/ junction by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
“The Jungle Book” written by Rudyard Kipling was inspired by Pench National Park.
The Pench National Park provided the location used by the BBC for the innovative wildlife series Tiger: Spy in the Jungle, a three-part documentary narrated by Sir David Attenborough which used concealed cameras, placed by elephants, in order to capture intimate tiger behavior and also retrieved footage of various other fauna in the reserve. The programme aired for the first time in March 2008 and ended a month later.
Pench reserve offers boat rides to its numerous islands
Pench National Park consists of 7 entry gates and all the gates offer best wildlife sightings.
Jungle Safari Timings are usually dependant on sunrise and sunset, tentative timings include:
Morning Jeep : 6.00 A.M to 11.00 A.M
Afternoon Jeep : 3.00 P.M until 6.00 P.M
Night Safari can only be booked at the counter and not online.
You will find ample options for accommodation right from backpacking budget to Luxury stay. The hotels provide clean basic amenities, good veg-non veg meals, A/c Rooms, and so on. There are also Madhya Pradesh tourism department rest houses available for stay.
Standard Category: Tiger n Woods (Wooden Cottages)
Deluxe Category: Mahua Vann (Mud Cottages) or Village Machan Pench (Glass Cottages)
Super Deluxe Category: Pench Jungle Camp (Cottages or Tents)
Luxury Category: Tuli Tiger Corridor (Luxury cottages)
*Note: Check-in: 12.30 pm Check-out: 11.30 am (Subject to Change as per resort)
Summers are harsh with temperatures soaring up to 40 degree’s.
Winters are cool at Pench with temperatures as dropping as low as 5-6 degree’s.
Average rainfall 1300 mm
- Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in the Resort on a Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 Breakfast at Resort
- 3 Tiger Safari in open gypsy (Touria MP zone and Khursapar MH: subject to availability)
- All entry and Safari Permits
- Exclusive 4WD Gypsy Usage
- Meals during the train/flight/ road journey
- Lens/Camera charges if any
- Evening Snacks at the Resort
- Anything other than mentioned above
- Any personal orders, laundry, etc
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) 5%
- Extra Meals / Water Bottles
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to email@example.com along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.