Kanha National Park
2 N / 3 Days
About Kanha National Park
The beautiful grassy meadows and dense bamboo and sal forest leave every traveler who visits Kanha National Park speechless. Located in the Mailkal range of Satpudas in Mandla and Balaghat districts of Madhya Pradesh, Kanha National Park is one of the largest National Parks in Central India.
Kanha was declared a reserved forest in 1879 and upgraded to a wildlife sanctuary in 1933. Later it was upgraded to a National park in 1955. And in 1973 it was given the status of Tiger Reserve. Kanha National Park is spread over a total area of 1950 sq.km; with a core area of 940 Sq.km and a buffer area of 1067 sq.km. In the year 2000, it was awarded ‘Best Tourism Friendly National Park’ by Govt. of India.
The Kanha National Park was originally a part of the Gondwanas or the “land of the Gonds”. The Gonds and the Baigas ruled the adjoining areas of Kanha and even today the tribes of these kingdoms reside here.
Kanha National Park is closed Wednesday Afternoons and also remains closed during monsoons. The peak season starts from 1st October to 15th June every year.
Closest Airport: Jabalpur (175 km) Raipur (216 km) Nagpur (260kms)
Closest Railway Station: Jabalpur( 175kms) Gondia (200 km) Nagpur (260 km)
Co-ordinates : 22°20′0″N 80°38′0″E
Flora & Fauna
- Royal Bengal Tigers
- Swamp Deer (Barasingha)
- Indian Peafowl
- Red Junglefowl
- Red-Wattled Lapwing
Day 1 –
Pick up from Katni/Jabalpur and transfer to Kanha National Park in private car. Reach Resort and Check in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Katni/Jabalpur by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
Through holistic conservation approach the Kanha Tiger Reserve has seen rise in population of Barahsingha which was once on the verge of extinction from the Earth.
Kanha is also the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot, Bhoorsingh the Barasingha.
The Land of Tigers an award-winning film made in 1980 for National Geographic was shot in Kanha National Park.
Kanha houses one of the most endangered Indian species of Wild Dogs known as Dhol.
Since the safari entry enter are located far from each other, there are few hotels/resorts located near every gate. The resorts range from low-budget, mid budget to luxury range. Comfortable stay options are available for tourists with good tasty meals and other amenities.
Some hotels are Kanha Earth Lodge Kanha, Banjartola, Muba at Mukki, Tuli Tiger resort etc.
Since the safari entry enter are located far from each other, the hotels/resorts are scattered in Tala village and other surrounding villages. The resorts range from low-budget, mid-budget to luxury range. Comfortable stay options are available for tourists with good tasty meals and other amenities. M.P government forest rest houses are also available.
Some budget Resorts: Tiger Trail, Tiger inn resort, Wildflower resort, Nature Heritage etc
Luxury Resorts: Kings Lodge, MahuaKothi, Tiger den etc
Summer is very hot and dry with temperatures as high as 40-45 degrees whereas winter are cold with temperatures as low as 4-5 degrees. Monsoon are from June to September.
- Pickup and Drop in A/C Vehicle (Ex-Jabalpur)
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Kanha National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to email@example.com along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.