Bandhavgarh National Park
2 N / 3 Days
About Bandhavgarh National Park
The lush forests of bamboo and sal will welcome you into nature’s lap as you enter the “brother fort”. The name “Bandhavgarh” is due to the presence of an ancient fort on the mountain. It was believed that lord Rama has gifted the fort to his younger brother and hence the name Bandhav (Bother) Garh (Fort). Bandhavgarh National Park is one of the very famous parks in central India. The beauty of Bandhavgarh leaves every nature lover spellbound.
Although Bandhavgarh National Park is a relatively small park, in the last few years, this former game reserve has become one of India’s most prominent National Parks. The total area of Bandhavgarh National Park is 1161 sq. km, with a core area of 624 sq. km and a buffer of 537 sq.km. It was declared as a National park in 1968.
The Baghels ruled the area for a long time. Later the Maharaja of Rewa declared the fort as his summer palace and the adjoining area as their hunting ground. Later hunting was banned and it was declared as a protected area. Today Bandhavgarh is a popular tiger reserve and has three different zones for safari and tourism named Tala zone, Khaitauli Zone, and Magadhi Zone.
Closest Airport : Jabalpur (187 km)
Closest Railway Station : Umaria (35kms), Katni (97kms), Jabalpur (187 km)
Co-ordinates : 23°41′58″N 80°57′43″E
Flora & Fauna
- White Tiger
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Striped Hyena
- Black Ibis
- Changeable Hawk Eagle
- Wooly Necked Stork
- Frankincense Tree
Day 1 –
Pick up from Jabalpur and transfer to Bandhavgarh National Park in a private car. Reach Resort Check-in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Leave For Jabalpur by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
There is a saying about the Park that goes: "In any other Park, you are lucky if you see a tiger. In Bandhavgarh, you are unlucky if you don't see (at least) one."
Charger, a tiger so named because of his habit of charging at elephants and tourists (whom he did not harm), was the first healthy male known to be living in Bandhavgarh since the 1990s, as well as a female known as Sita.
Charger once appeared on the cover of National Geographic and is considered the second most photographed tiger in the world.
Almost all the tigers of Bandhavgarh today are descendants of Sita and Charger.
Three entry gates are made for safari vehicles to enter the park.
- Tala- declared as a premium zone.
Other than core area, buffer area is also open for tourism and has 3 entrance gates.
For safari bookings one has to do it online via the Madhya Pradesh booking portal. Morning and evening safaris are available for tourism. The safari timing change as per season and sunrise and sunset.
- Morning Jeep: 6.00 A.M to 11.00 A.M. (entry allowed until 8.00 a.m.)
- Afternoon Jeep: 3.00 P.M. until 6.00 P.M (entry allowed until 4.30 p.m.)
Each gate offers a safari permit to the exclusive area of that range and no vehicle is allowed to interchange the zones while on safari. The entry and exit gate for the vehicle has to be the same. The gypsy charges or vehicle charges are separate and one has to pay differently.
The tourists are not allowed to get down from the vehicle throughout the safari. A set of rules and regulation exists for tiger safari and the park guide is aware of that. One has to follow his instruction in order to follow the regulations.
For the gate entry one needs to produce identification documents of the tourists like passport/driving license/ pan card etc. For the foreigners the passport in original has to be shown.
Since the safari entry enter are located far from each other, the hotels/resorts are scattered in Tala village and other surrounding villages. The resorts range from low-budget, mid-budget to luxury range. Comfortable stay options are available for tourists with good tasty meals and other amenities. M.P government forest rest houses are also available.
Some budget Resorts: Tiger Trail, Tiger inn resort, Wildflower resort, Nature Heritage etc
Luxury Resorts: Kings Lodge, MahuaKothi, Tiger den etc
Summer are very hot and dry with temperatures as high as 40-45 degrees whereas winter is cold with temperatures as low as 4-5 degrees. Monsoon is from June to September.
- Pickup and Drop in A/C Vehicle (Ex-Jabalpur)
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Bandhavgarh National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Entry and Safari Permits
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.