2 N / 3 Days
About Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
Tadoba National Park also known as Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR), the raving hot place for tiger safari in Maharashtra in India is situated in the district of Chandrapur. The tiger reserve in Chimur Hills is about 140 km from Nagpur Airport. It is one of the finest tiger landscapes in Central India.
The destination is named after a legendary tribal chief belonging to the Tharu tribe. He is worshipped as Tadoba due his Godly Status. Most of the tribal population is that of the Gond tribe and an ancient fort at Chandrapur still stands erect. The life support system is the Andhari River in Waiganga Basin which intersects the park.
The area of the park is 1727.6 sq. km and the inviolate core comprises 625.82 and the rest is the buffer or the outer area.
Park is closed for tourism during the monsoon and every Tuesday when open. . The peak season for visiting Tadoba National Park starts from October 15th to 30th June every year.
Closest Airport: Nagpur (180 km app
Closest Railway Station: Chandrapur (47 km) Nagpur (180 km)
Co-ordinates: 20°10′0″N 79°24′0″E
Flora & Fauna
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Sloth bear
- Wild Dogs
- Water Birds
- Indian Pangolins
- Karaya Gum
Tadoba National Park Standard Itinerary:
Day 1 –
Pick up from Nagpur/Chandrapur at 10:00 am and transfer to Tadoba national park in a private car. Reach the Resort by 1:00 pm. Check-in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Back to Resort and have breakfast. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Have breakfast, and Check Out your luggage. Leave For Chandrapur/ Nagpur junction/airport by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
Tadoba is one of Maharashtra’s most famous spots for sightings of the majestic tiger.
This national park has derived its name from the God ‘Tadoba’ or ‘Taru’ whom the local tribals worship.
Tadoba has one of the highest populations of tigers in the country.
Tadoba is not only home to numerous species of mammals but also hosts 195 species of birds, including a wide variety of water birds, raptors, and endangered species and 74 species of butterflies.
Tadoba National Park has six core gates and 12 buffer zone gates. Safari booking for core gates is available online and needs to be done in advance as only a restricted number of jeeps are allowed inside the gates at a time. Safari booking for buffer gates is available on the spot depending on the availability of passes and timings.
Tadoba National Park Safari Timings are usually dependant on sunrise and sunset, tentative timings are as follows:
Morning Jeep : 6.00 A.M to 10.00 A.M
Afternoon Jeep : 2.00 P.M until 6.00 P.M
TATR also offers Night Safari, which can also be booked in advance, it is comparatively expensive and strict guidelines are to be followed during this activity.
Large number of options are available for accommodation. Right from budget stay to 4 star luxury resorts are available for tourists. The forest department dormitories and tents are also available.
Budget hotels: Waghai Resort, Salai Homely Stay, The Sanctuary Tadoba.
Deluxe & Super Deluxe hotels: Tiger Village, Tadoba Tiger Valley, Mahua Tola, Pugmark, etc.
Luxury hotels: Irai Safari Retreat, Svasara Jungle Lodge etc.
Premium Hotels: Tadoba Jungle Camp, Waghoba Eco Lodge etc..
Summer are hot and dry from March to June with temperatures ranging from 30-45 degrees.
Winters are soothing and cold from October to February with temperature dropping as low as 9 degree Celsius.
June to September one can witness monsoons with rainfall of about 50 mm.
- Pick Up Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur by AC Car – Innova
- Accommodation in AC Rooms/cottages/tents as mentioned above – Twin/Triple Sharing.
- Complimentary Meals Veg/Non-Veg in Resort (Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 Breakfast – Buffet Unlimited Bf, Veg lunch & Dinner)
- 03 Tiger Safaris [2 Mohurli Core Zone Safari + 1Buffer] – Subject to permit availability at the time of booking]
- All forest permissions and Guide Charges
- Resort to Safari Gate transfers in Open Gypsy.
- Services of same experienced guide in Core zone safari.
- Exclusive use of 1 -4WD Safari Vehicle (Open Roof Maruti Gypsy).
- Meals during the train/flight/ road journey
- Lens/Camera charges if any
- Evening Snacks at the Resort
- Anything other than mentioned above
- Any personal orders, laundry, etc
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) 5%
- Extra Meals / Water Bottles
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.