Panna Tiger Safari
3 N / 4 Days
About Panna National Park
Located in the Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh, Panna National park is one of the most beautiful parks in India. The year 2009 was a dark year for Panna. The whole population of Tiger was wiped out due to extensive poaching. But with extensive efforts by Forest Department and wildlife experts today the park boasts of about 35 tigers thriving in the jungles of Panna.
Panna is about 37 kms from Khajuraho. This region is famous for its diamond mines. But the forest remains untouched and unharmed with the mighty Ken River passing through the forest which serves as the lifeline of Panna. The total area of the park is 1645 sq. km with 542 sq. km as core and remaining as buffer.
Panna National Park was declared as one of the Tiger reserves of India in 1994 and 5th in Madhya Pradesh. Post the tiger population debacle, two tigresses one from Bandhavgarh and one from Kanha named T1 and T2 respectively were relocated to Panna. Also, a male from Pench was brought in. This started the renewing Panna and its tiger population. Since then the tigers have made Panna home with no more threats from poachers or any other Anthropogenic reasons.
Nearest Railway station : Satna(70kms) Jhansi( 176kms)
Nearest Airport : Khajuraho (35 km)
Coordinates: 24°43′49.60″N 80°0′36.80″E
Flora & Fauna
- Bengal Tiger
- Indian Leopard
- Sambar Deer
- Crested Honey
- Red-Headed Vulture
- Blossom-Headed Parakeet
Day 1 –
Meet at Resort by 1:00 pm. Check in, Ice-breaking session with group and Lunch. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner, Group discussion about today’s sighting and Panna tiger reserve in detail. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early morning wake up and we leave for our second safari in Panna. Enjoy the safari ride with cool morning breeze, amazing landscapes, and if a lucky spot a tiger or two. Post safari back for Lunch. Post lunch heads out for the third jungle safari. Evening Back to Resort. Group Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Wake up early morning and track more cats! Enjoy birding and photographing the biodiversity of Panna. Explore more of the Panna forest, look out for gharials in the lake and photograph more wildlife! Return to the resort and freshen up. Check out and bid adeiu to Panna!
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
It was declared in 1994 as the twenty second Tiger reserve of India and the fifth in Madhya Pradesh.
Panna was given the Award of Excellence in 2007 as the best maintained national park of India by the Ministry of Tourism of India.
In 2008, Panna’s official tiger count stood at a zero. later in 2009 2 female tigers T1& T2 and 1 male tiger T3 were relocated to panna.
T3 mated with T1 and the first litter of four was born on April 16 (2010), and another four cubs were born to T2 in October
According to current figures, of the more than 70 tigers that exist in the forested landscape between Vindhyas to Chitrakoot, Panna houses 54.
This place is where the Pandavas sought haven during their exile.
Panna is a new hub for wildlifers and nature lovers. The park is developing and hence not many resorts are available.
Ken river Lodge and Pashangarh are luxury options for accommodation.
Other good budget resort is Camp Panna .
One can enjoy the safari drive in the forest by 2 gates.
Gypsy and Jeep Safaris are always available in Panna National Park that helps in exploring the wildlife of the forest. Safari Timings usually depend on sunrise and sunset.
- Morning Jeep: 6.00 A.M to 11.00 A.M. (entry allowed until 8.00 a.m.)
- Afternoon Jeep: 3.00 P.M. until 6.00 P.M (entry allowed until 4.30 p.m.)
The entry has to be registered on the gate and a prescribed charge has to be paid. There is a limit set for the numbers of jeeps that can enter the park hence the gate entry booking has to be made in advance. A park guide has to accompany the jeep as a regulation and a fee paid for this service. The gypsy charges are different and have to be paid separately.
The tourists are not allowed to get down from the vehicle throughout the safari. A set of rules and regulation exists for tiger safari and the park guide is aware of that. One has to follow his instruction in order to abide with the regulations.
For the gate entry one needs to produce identification documents of the tourists like passport/driver’s license/ pan card etc. For the foreigners the passport in original has to be shown.
Summer are very hot and dry with temperatures as high as 40-45 degrees where as winter are cold with temperatures as low as 4-5 degrees. Monsoon is from June to September.
- Pickup and Drop from Nagpur / Jabalpur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Panna National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.