Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary
2 N / 3 Days
About Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary
Nagzira wildlife sanctuary is located between the Bhandara district and Gondia district of Maharashtra. In 1970, it was declared the Wildlife Sanctuary. The Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary has an area of 116.54 sq. km. There is a temple of ‘Nag’ (Snake) which is exactly in the middle of Nagzira and a temple of Mahadeo. There was also a village inside the forest called ‘Nangthana’ that adds up to the name of the forest. Nagzira got its name from this temple and ‘Zira’ (Zara) in Marathi means a perennial source of water that comes out from a hill in pongezara, Nagzira.
Some gates are closed on Thursday others on Friday whereas the park remains closed during monsoons. The peak season starts from October 15th to 30th June every year.
Nearest Airport: Nagpur (122 km approximately)
Nearest Railway Station: Gondia (50 km) Bhandara Road (50 km) Sounded (20 km) Tirora (20 km)
Co-ordinates: 21°14′38″N 79°59′09″E
Flora & Fauna
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Mouse Deer
- Indian Cobra
- Tussell’s Viper
- Checkered Keelback
- Indian Laurel
- Pride Of India
- Safed kanda
Day 1 –
Pick up from Nagpur at 10:00 am and transfer to Nagzira national park in private car. Reach Resort by 1:00 pm. Check-in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Nagpur airport/ junction by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
The Wildlife Sanctuary is called the “Green Lung” of Central India due its large contribution to the environmental balance of the surrounding settlements.
On the banks of the lake, at the foothills of the Nagdev hill, sits the shrine of Nag Dev – the guardian deity of this vast jungle.
Nagzira Tiger Reserve caught the attention of wildlife enthusiasts when the legendary female tiger, A-Mark, was ruling over a large portion of the jungle. The famous tigers Jai and Veeru were born to this huge, powerful female, who made Nagzira a top favourite for many. This is the same Jai, the massive male tiger who migrated from Nagzira to the Umred-Karhandla Sanctuary and became one of the most talked about tigers in the country.
Panna is a new hub for wildlifers and nature lovers. The park is developing and hence not many resorts are available.
Ken river Lodge and Pashangarh are luxury options for accommodation.
Other good budget resort is Camp Panna .
Many options for accommodation are available near various gates of Nagzira. A.c rooms, comfortable beds, veg- non veg food is available thus making stay comfortable.
Some of the resorts are Nagzira Tiger resort, Muba Jungle Resorts, Tuli suites, etc.
For most of the year, temperatures are moderate and pleasant. Summers are hot and winters are pleasant.
- Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Nagzira National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to email@example.com along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.