Masai Mara Game Reserve
5 N / 6 Days
About Masai Mara Game Reserve
Africa is of one the greatest biodiversity destinations on the planet. The second largest continent in the world is endowed with rich biodiversity. With incredibly varied wildlife and landscapes, travelers seek to book Kenya Masai Mara safari packages that leave them mesmerized. People travel from all over the world to this southern tip of Africa for a wildlife getaway.
The Reserve covers 1,510 sq km (580 sq miles) and raises 1,500-2,170 meters above sea level. The terrain of the reserve is primarily grassland and riverine forest with clumps of distinctive acacia trees. The Masai Mara ecosystem holds one of the highest lion densities in the world and this is where over two million wildebeest, zebra, and Thompson gazelle migrate annually.
Once you book Kenya Masai Mara safari packages, you definitely will witness more than 95 species of mammals and 570 recorded species of birds. The wildlife of the Masai Mara is world-renowned, with the so-called “Big Five”- buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhinoceros – evident throughout the year. The “Big Nine” – including cheetah, zebra, giraffe, and hippo – extends this experience. The Masai Mara also plays host to the ‘Annual Migration’ but whatever the time of year the resident wildlife will surely entertain all who book Kenya Masai Mara safari packages & visits this wondrous Park.
Closest Airport: Nairobi
One has to fly from the home city to Nairobi and then use private vehicle to travel to the game reserves.
Flora & Fauna
- Indian Elephants
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Sloth Bear
- Hanuman langur
- Mugger Crocodile
- Indian rock Python
- Four Horned Antelope
- Golden Jackal
- Indian Kino Tree
- Indian Laurel
- Golden Shower Tree
- Black Myrobalan
- Flame Of The Forest
- Axle Wood
- Black Cutch
Day 1 : Welcome to Kenya – Lake Nakuru
On arrival in Jomo Kenyatta Airport (Nairobi International Airport), you will be met by our representatives, Drive to Lake Nakuru, reach the campsite for late lunch. Settle in Resort. Post Lunch gear up for your evening game drive.
Return to camp for a shower, dinner, discussions on a game drive and overnight stay
– Inclusions for Day 1 – Dinner, Hotel Stay, Local Transfers, Game Drive
Day 2 : Lake Naivasha
Rise & Shine, Enjoy some delicious breakfast meal. It’s time to begin our day, after a quick briefing about your day plan; we meet our game drive guide. Drive to Lake Naivasha. Settle in camp, and enjoy a wholesome meal. Post Lunch, gear up for a boat safari in Lake Naivasha. Keep an eye out for Hippos and African Fishing eagles, as fishing eagles are busy with fishing in the lake. Try and capture this magnificent moment with your camera.
Driving Time: From Nakuru to Naivasha – 2 hrs (Approximately)
– Inclusions for Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Hotel Stay, Local Transfers, Game Drive
Day 3 : Masai Mara Game Reserve
Early morning Check out and depart to Masai Mara, reach campsite for late lunch. Post Lunch gear up for your first game drive in Masai Mara. Return to camp for a shower, dinner, discussions on a game drive, and overnight stay.
Driving Time : From Naivasha to Masai Mara – 7 hrs (Approximately)
– Inclusions for Day 3 – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Hotel Stay, Local Transfers, Game Drive
Day 4 – 5 : Masai Mara Game Reserve
Spend the whole day in Masai Mara Game Reserve with morning and afternoon game drives with Picnic Lunch. OR Return back to camp for Lunch. Post lunch we shall proceed for our evening game drive in the national park. Try your luck with Big 5’s of Masai Mara. Return to camp where your delightful dinner awaits in the charming mess tent.
– Inclusions for Day 4 & 5 – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Hotel Stay, Local Transfers, Game Drive
Day 6 : Good Bye Kenya
Rise n Shine, Pack up, Breakfast, post Breakfast drive back to Jomo Kenyatta Airport (Nairobi International Airport) to flight to India.
Driving Time: From Masai Mara to Nairobi – 6 hrs (Approximately)
– Inclusions for Day 6 – Breakfast & Local Transfers
Kenya is place with plenty of options for accommodations across various categories. However to experience Kenya at its best it is advisable to stay at specialty lodges and jungle camps where you can live the real side of Africa. Some of the most recommended resorts and camps in our tours are –
NAIROBI: Intercontinental Hotel 5*
ABERDARES: The Ark 5*
LAKE NAKURU / NAIVASHA: Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge 4*
MASAI MARA: Mara Sopa Lodge/ Keekorok Lodge 4*
The geography of Kenya is very diverse. Kenyan Rift Valley occupies the Central and Western Kenya whereas as Indian Ocean to its coastline. The Kakamega forest in Kenya is rain-forest.The weather/climate varies by location. The coastal areas experience tropical climate. The climate is more arid towards the central Kenya. One can experience a clear climate from January and it gets warmer from February. The end of March is the start of rain and April is much cooler. The rains continue till June and the winter sets in from July in Kenya. August is the start of Migration. The Great Migration fills the Mara plains. The temperature rises and September-October is hot and dry. The region experiences rains again in November and December.
1. All meals as per mentioned in itinerary
2. Full Board accommodation on safari
3. Transport and game drive in specially designed safari minivans with a pop-up roof for maximum game viewing.
4. Park entry fees
5. Services of a professional English Speaking Driver cum Guide.
6. 1 Litre water per person per day
7. Pre-departure briefing before the tour.
1. International flight
2. Visa application fees
3. Any beverages
4. Tips and gratuities
5. Remittance Fees
6. Other expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, telephone bills
7. Land Cruiser on special request with supplementary charges.
8. 5% GST
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.