Jim Corbett Wildlife Tour
2 N / 3 Days
About Jim Corbett Wildlife Tour
Jim Corbett is the oldest national park in India. Formerly known as Hailey National Park and was established in 1936. The park is named after poacher turned naturalist Mr.Jim Corbett who played a major role in establishing this park. This was the first park to come under Project Tiger Initiative. The park spans the western Himalayas’ foothills in the districts of Nainital and Pauri Garhwal in the state of Uttaranchal.
The park was initially the private property of local rulers. In the year 1858 Major Ramsay sketched up the first brief conservation plan to protect the forest. Then this park was chosen as the inaugural site for Project Tiger. The total area of the park is 1318.54 sq km with a core area of 520.82 sq. km and a buffer area of 797.72 sq. km. The park is closed during monsoons. And the peak period to visit the park is from 15th November to 15th June every year.
Closest Road head: Ramnagar (15 km) Nainital (62kms) Delhi (260kms)
Closest Airport: Pantnagar (80kms) Dehradun (232 km) Delhi (260kms)
Closest Railway Station: is Ramnagar (15 km)
Co-ordinates: 29°32′55″N 78°56′7″E
Flora & Fauna
- Jungle Cat
- Fishing Cat
- Leopard Cat
- Barking Deer
- Local Crocodiles
- Indian Python
- King Cobra
- Themeda Arundinacea
- Baib Or Bhabar
- Tiger Grass
- Khus Khus
- BakliTeak (Tectona Grandis)
Day 1 –
Pick up from Ramnagar and transfer to Corbett national park in a private car. Reach Resort and check in and rest. Leave for your 1st tiger safari after having had lunch. Come back after the drive in the evening freshen up at the resort and then head for dinner. Sound sleep awaits.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively, you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights are off and the day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Ramnagar by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
You can try riding on the back of an elephant, with a trained mahout driving it, and have an exceptional time enjoying an Elephant Safari to explore the forestland at a safe height of 9 to 10 feet.
The 2005 Bollywood movie Kaal has a plot set in the Jim Corbett National Park. The movie was filmed at the park as well.
In August 2019, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi appeared in a special episode of Discovery Channel's show Man vs Wild with the host Bear Grylls, where he trekked the jungles and talked about nature and wildlife conservation with Grylls.
The episode was filmed in Jim Corbett National Park and broadcast in 180 countries along India.
Different kinds of accommodation are available in Corbett and its zones. Tents, cottages, and rooms are made available by various resorts for a comfortable stay. Forest rest houses are also open and stay-inside-the-jungle is available in Corbett.
Some of the resorts are Wild crest resort, Tiger camp resort, Corbett Riverside resort, Ramganga resort, etc.
Some resthouses available are Dhikala forest lodge, Gairal Rest house, Malani Rest house, etc.
Corbett is divided into 5 different zones and each zone has a different topography with a different visiting period.
- JHIRNA ZONE: This zone remains open throughout the year.
- DHIKALA ZONE: Open from 15th November to 15th
- BIJRANI ZONE: Open from 1st October to 30th
- SONANDI ZONE: This zone remains open throughout the year.
- DURGA DEVI ZONE: Open 15th November to 15th
Sitabani buffer zone is also an area where one can do a safari but it does not lie in the core area of the reserve.
One can do a safari in a gypsy or a canter. Elephant safari is also available in Corbett. Online booking for different zones of safari has to be done where forest permit and entry fees are to be paid via the internet. Further one can book gypsy from outside.
Name, Age, Gender, and ID Proof (Passport No., PAN No., Voter ID, Adhar No.) of tourists needs to be provided along with the confirmatory amount to carry out the booking process. Every tourist should carry his/her original identity proof which would be checked before entering the forest.
The tourists are not allowed to get down from the vehicle throughout the safari. A set of rules and regulation exists for tiger safari and the park guide is aware of that. One has to follow his instruction in order to follow the regulations.
Safari timings can from season to season and are based on sunrise and sunset.
Morning Safari: 0730 hrs- 1030 hrs
Evening Safari: 1500 hrs – 1700 hrs
Morning Safari: 0630 hrs- 0930 hrs
Evening Safari: 1600 hrs – 1800 hrs
The temperature ranges from 2 degrees to 35 degrees from winter to summer. But the climate remains pleasant overall.
- Pickup and Drop in A/C Vehicle (Ex-Ramnagar)
- Accommodation in the Resort on a Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms/luxury tents
- All Meals at Jim-Corbett National Park
- Tiger Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges, etc.
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.