Gir National Park Safari
2 N / 3 Days
About Gir National Park
The Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary (also known as Sasan-Gir) is a forest and wildlife sanctuary in Gujarat, India. It is sole home to Asiatic Lions in the World. It was established in the year 1965 with a total area of 1412 sq km. Gir National Park is divided into two parts Gir Wildlife Sanctuary and Devalia Safari Park which is also called as Gir Interpretation Zone.
Gir National Park is located in the Junagadh district of Gujarat. The forest area of Gir was the hunting grounds of the Nawabs of Junagadh. However, faced with a drastic drop in the lion population in Gir, Nawab declared Gir as a “protected” area in 1900. The 14th Asiatic Lion Census 2015 was conducted in May 2015. In 2015, the population has been 523 (27% up compared to previous census in 2010)
Devalia safari Park remains closed every Wednesday. And overall park is closed in monsoons i.e 16th June to 30th October. The peak season for safaris start from November and ends in June.
Nearest Railway station : Junagadh (55kms) Rajkot (156kms)
Nearest Airport : Rajkot (156kms)
Coordinates: 21°08′08″N 70°47′48″E
Flora & Fauna
- Asiatic Lions
- Russell’s Viper
- Saw-Scaled Viper
Day 1 –
Pick up from Rajkot/Junagarh at 07:30 am and transfer to Gir national park in private car. Check in and rest. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights off and day ends.
Day 2 –
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari. Alternatively you may carry your breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Wildlife Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Lights off and day ends.
Day 3 –
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Check Out luggage. Enjoy the delicious Lunch and post Lunch Leave For Junagarh/ Rajkot airport/ junction by Private Vehicle.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary, also known as Sasan Gir was established in 1965 in the erstwhile Nawab of Junagarh's private hunting area.
Gir National Park and Sanctuary faces a number of threats to its ecosystem. Natural threats include recurrent drought, cyclones, and forest fires.
Asiatic Lions and African Lions both are subspecies of the same species.
Asiatic Lions split from African lions perhaps 1000,000 years ago.
Asiatic lions once prowled from the Middle East to India. Now, only a fraction of these magnificent animals survives in the wild.
Large numbers of options are available for accommodation. Right from budget stay to 4 star luxury resorts are available for tourists. The forest department dormitories and rest houses are also available.
Budget hotels: Gir jungle lodge, The Gir Resor, The Lords Gir etc.
Luxury hotels : Lords resort, Asiatic Lion Lodge Lion Safari Camp etc.
One can either enjoy the safari in Gir National Park or Devalia Zone.
Safari booking at Gir National Park is controlled by the Dept. of Forest,Gujarat (Govt. of India). One has book the safari permit online. All the detail of Travelers must be filled / checked in boxes asked in detail form. Proof details must be entered with valid identity card.
Gir Jungle Trail : Monday to Sunday
Morning: 6 AM to 9 AM and 9 AM to 12 PM
Evening: 3 PM to 6 PM
Devalia Safari Park :
Morning: 8 AM to 11 AM
Evening: 3 PM to 5 PM
The gypsy charges or vehicle charges are separate and one has to pay differently.
The tourists are not allowed to get down from the vehicle throughout the safari. A set of rules and regulation exists for tiger safari and the park guide is aware of that. One has to follow his instruction in order to follow the regulations.
For the gate entry one needs to produce identification documents of the tourists like a passport/driving license/ pan card etc. For foreigners, the passport in original has to be shown.
Gir weather of Sasan Gir experiences a tropical monsoon climate which is characterized by extremely hot summers, torrential rain falls and considerably cool winters. Temperature varies from 13 degrees to 40 degrees
- Pickup and Drop in A/C Vehicle ex-Rajkot or Ex-Junagarh
- Accommodation in Resort on Triple/Twin/Single Sharing Basis in AC Rooms
- All Meals at Gir National Park
- Lion Safari in open gypsy
- All Taxes and Safari Permits
- Government Service Tax
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list; e.g. Train/ Air travel, Personal orders, Camera charges etc
- All cancellations must be intimated to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Booking Id
- Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- No show or changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by Book-My-Safari.
- Carry Forward of amount (if applicable) is only provided once (subject to seat availability of the event). If bookings are carried forward, no refunds will be provided in case you wish to cancel later or the event gets cancelled from our side.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by Book-My-Safari, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.